Sunday, April 10, 2016

Get into my cargo bike, baby

 
Rumours go that some people are rehearsing the cargo bike song to perform at the ICBF2016. Remember the song from last years Cargo Bike Conference?


Chair of the Day, Ron Vervuurt, sang the song at the end of the day.


The song as I know it is from 1968 from Egbert Douwe (Rob Out) and it is called in Dutch "Kom uit je bedstee mijn liefste" (Come out of the bed, my darling)

Ron Vervuurt wrote the new Dutch version and he did the translation into English as well.

However the original song is from The Brothers Four and written by Eric Andersen, "Come to my bedside, my darling"

Ron Vervuurt already sang the song at the Cargo BikeFestival 2014, but only few people were in the tent to listen then.

Looking forward to the performances of this year!